Better looking evolution of Mike Chamber’s ApolloTunes, now renamed to Acsension. Neat design for the xd group: XD bold and joined to look like a bomb.
Browser Power for Flash
1) Loading a valid xhtml file as an xml file. (I think its a better idea than ripple but I need to look more at Ted Patrick’s FXT to compare with that)
3) idMap[id] in the XML Object in Flash 8 returns the node with the id referenced.
From the Yahoo AS2 – AS3 migration talk:
1) Do not put code in constructors of classes since they arent JIT-ed.
2) NetConnection you can change objectEncoding to AMF0 or AMF3 to send data in AMF format.
3) The ‘delete’ keyword deletes only dynamic properties and methods.
From the FlexBuilder talk:
Eclipse editor shortcuts : Ctrl+Shift+L
From Grant Skinners talk on Resource Management in AS3.
AS3 doesnt garbage collect until it starts running out of memory.
Use weak references when adding listeners.
Have explicit dispose functions in your classes.